View reserves

WEATHER IN NERJA

FEEDBACK

Average rating for our customers   4.5
On 5
Last comment:
muy buena visibilidad y claridad. solo falta la disponibilidad online

LiveZilla Live Chat Software

NERJA There are no products.

NERJA

Nerja
According to recent archaeological discoveries in the Cave of Nerja early settlers dating from the Palaeolithic to the Bronze, through the Mesolithic and Neolithic, with significant human remains belonging to Cro-Magnon. The first historical evidence on or Narija Naricha are the period of Arab domination. He must rely on some aspects of Velez Malaga, like other places in the area, but that does not mean not having its own entity. In fact had its own fortress located in the area now known as Pago del Castillo Alto, where this Arab settlement. You can see some traces of it in the angle formed by the Frigiliana road, at its junction with the neighborhood of the Quarry. On coastline rose a tower in the tenth century, similar to those in other parts of the coast. When in 1487 the Muslims of Velez finally surrendered to the Catholic King in this action were followed by the inhabitants of most of the Axarquia. In the Christian Chronicles recounts this action and between the aforementioned places cited Narija, our Nerja. After the rebellion of the Moors, and in the sixteenth century, there arose a new fortress in the place occupied by the coastal tower Balcony of Europe, which will be demolished later by the French in the eighteenth century. Around it concentrated the population had decided to abandon its original location.
In the sixteenth century the chapel was built of Our Lady of Sorrows, shrine to the patron saint of the town. This temple is painted with frescoes style dome of Granada. In 1655 the population reaches 400 neighbors and the streets are urban body Carmen Church, The Tajillo, Puerta del Mar, Plaza de Cavana, Corralón Street, today Gomez and Granada street started to be laid. In 1660, as mayor D. Antonio Villavicencio, the king ordered the construction of the Tower Guards, Balcony of Europe today. In 1697 they completed the first phase of the parish of El Salvador. The December 25, 1884 there was a massive earthquake and because of this unfortunate event, SM King Alfonso XII came to visit the affected area. After admiring the ride of the "battery", officially called "Balcony of Europe". He was also honored with the title of "Excellency" at City Hall. During the first two decades of the twentieth century built the road to Frigiliana urbanizing the Paseo Balcon de Europa. In 1930 he finished definitely develop the Balcon de Europa and the streets of the Cross and Granada. In 1950 he inaugurated the Municipal Market. The discovery of the Cave of Nerja in 1959 is a symbol of the new boot and then came the big tourism brings prosperity and progress and changing the face of the social life of Nerja.

There are no products in this category.